Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My First Teaching Experience

Being a teacher is not easy because teaching is a career that involves a lot of challenges and excitement. It also offers personal reward and a chance to encourage and support others to achieve their own goals as well as their dreams in life.  


June 11, 2014 was among the most memorable dates in my life. This day marked as an additional milestone in my life and the first day of my teaching career. 

I was very excited to be at school this day to meet my new college accounting students.  I wanted to be there on the first day with the students for several reasons.  One of those reasons was to help myself appear as another authoritative adult in the class, rather than just a visitor. 

Standing in front of my students and of our college dean was not easy at first. I admit that during my first demonstration, I felt so nervous and terrified. I was nervous about what would be the initial outcome of my first demonstration. I felt terrified and anxious about myself as well. I was worried that I could not be able to live up with what was expected of me. I was also worried about not hitting the school’s standards of teaching. 

I was fortunate enough because the topic I handled for my first class, where the dean himself sat as an audience, was basic accounting principles. I am very confident about this subject matter and I know I can be able to deliver my lessons well because this accounting basic is one of my favorite accounting subjects. And as I have expected, I received an A+ mark for my first actual teaching experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment